Virgin Coconut Oil is the new ‘must-have’ in the health and beauty industry. If you’re in need of some TLC after the harsh winter, this amazing oil has tremendous benefits for your hair, body, and skin. It can be use in numerous ways to keep you looking and feeling your best, virgin coconut oil helps to maintain good skin.
Coconut Oil Can Moisturize Dry Skin
In addition to its effects on acne and inflammation, applying coconut oil to your skin can also help keep it hydrated. One study in patients with mild to moderately dry skin compares the effects of coconut oil to mineral oil, a type of oil made from petroleum that’s often used to treat dry skin.
The two-week study found that coconut oil significantly improved skin hydration and was just as effective as mineral oil.
It has also been shown to help treat eczema, a skin condition characterized by scaly, itchy rashes.
A study comparing the effects of olive oil and coconut oil in 52 adults with eczema found that applying coconut oil helped reduce dryness, in addition to helping treat eczema.
Another study found similar results, showing that coconut oil led to a 68% decrease in eczema severity, making it significantly more effective than mineral oil in the treatment of eczema.
Keeping your skin hydrated can help preserve its function as a barrier to keep out bacteria, promote the healing of scars and maintain overall skin integrity.
Coconut Oil May Help With Wound Healing
Several studies have demonstrated that coconut oil may also aid wound healing.
One animal study looked at how coconut oil applied to the skin affected wound healing in rats.
It found that treating the wounds with virgin coconut oil sped up healing, improved antioxidant status and increased levels of collagen, an important protein that aids in wound healing.
Another animal study shows that coconut oil combines with an antibiotic apply to the skin was effective at healing burn wounds.
In addition to improving wound healing, its antimicrobial properties may also prevent infection, one of the major risk factors that can complicate the healing process.
Benefits of Virgin coconut oil for skin
The benefits of organic Coconut Oil for your skin are extensive. It will act as a moisturizer, rejuvenator, and could help with dry skin and irritations. The list goes on and here are just a few of the top benefits organic Coconut Oil can help you with your skin;
- Prevent premature aging – organic coconut oil has antioxidant properties that are known to help stop skin aging early.
- Smooth skin – by applying to the skin’s surface, organic coconut oil will help to keep the appearance of the skin healthy and smooth.
- Retain moisture – organic coconut oil is known to help to reduce moisture loss via pores due to its natural composition of saturate fat.
- Heal wounds – If there is a cut or wound on the skin, applying organic coconut oil to the skin, some say that it will help in the protection of microbial infections.
- Protect against cracking – Due to its Vitamin E content, organic Coconut Oil helps to prevent skin from cracking.
- Help skin growth – organic oil is known to help skin growth because of its Vitamin E content.
- Repair wear and tear – The rejuvenating properties of the Proteins found in organic Coconut Oil may help the replacement of damaged cells on or near the skin.
- Maintain a tan – Applied to the skin’s surface when tanned, it may help to prolong the tan.
One of the best benefits of organic Coconut Oil for the skin is that it lasts a long time in comparison to some other oils and is, therefore, uses as a base ingredient in many beauty products. Faith in Nature produces a range of skincare using organic coconut Oil brimming with aromas to enrich your senses and soothe your day. Virgin coconut oil helps to maintain good skin, The range includes Coconut Bar Soap, coconut Hand Wash, Coconut Body Lotion, Coconut Hand Cream, and Coconut Shower Gel & Foam Bath.